For the ninth time since 2004 Massachusetts shoppers are getting the opportunity to shop without paying the state's 6.25 percent sales tax.
Here are some tips for planning your weekend (Aug. 10 and Aug. 11) shopping accordingly.
- Tobacco products and gasoline are not tax-free
- Meals will also not be tax-free this weekend
- Items such as doors and windows that are installed in your house are always tax-free
- Clothing items worth less than $175 are never taxed
- You will have to pay tax on any single item that costs more than $2,500
- Items that were previously purchased cannot be adjusted to be tax-free
- Some businesses will allow you to call in your order and pay over the phone, thus saving you time waiting in line
With that in mind, where are you planning on shopping this weekend? What Shrewsbury businesses do you think are offering the best deals?