Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. posted the following condolences on their Facebook wall about , who died on Friday:
"We were lucky to have Drew be a part of our lives. He brought a great deal of joy & laughter into the classrooms as he touched the hearts of our teachers. We are all sharing our wonderful memories of him today. He was such a happy boy with deeply loving & dedicated parents. We are all saddened about this heartbreaking loss. ♥"
Andrew's family offered many thanks to the doctors, nurses and staff at UMass Memorial Medical Center, who helped care for their son. They have asked for memorial donations in Drew’s name made to Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at UMass Memorial Medical Center, Development Office, 333 South St., Shrewsbury, MA 01545 or www.umassmed.org.
"Parker Road Preschool Director, Lisa Robinson, completed a series of personal communications with staff and the parents of Drew's classmates over the weekend and shared the news with the full Parker Road community today," Superintendent of Schools Dr. Joseph Sawyer said in an email to the Shrewsbury school community last night. "I thought it appropriate to inform the entire district community at this time. While Drew was our student for only a short period of time, our community is greatly diminished by the loss of who he was as well as all that he would have become."
If you have any questions about how to talk to your child about death and grief, call the director of the Parker Road Preschool at 508-841-8646.
2. U.S. Senator Scott Brown also stopped by in March. I think President Obama and Presidential Hopeful Mitt Romney should be putting it on their campaign trail if they want the pulse of Shrewsbury voters.
3. If you're dusting off that resume and wondering how to find a job in this tough economy, come to the at 6:30 p.m. for their , 609 Main St.
4. Polls are open today in the 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. There are new polling locations now that there is a new precinct 10, so check here to see where to vote. If you have questions, call the town clerk at 508-841-8507. .
5. . Check out what days you can water your lawn and what the penalty is if you don't follow the rules.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Shrewsbury news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the daily newsletter with our top stories, click here.