Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Take a break from work or school today because it's National Goof Off Day. It's probably not a good idea to take the whole day off, but it's a great day to do something you don't normally have time to do.
2. Invoices will be sent this week for the Shrewsbury Public Schools Summer Enrichment Program. Parents will have until April 6 to pay their bills and then registration will be reopened prior to the start of the summer program. There are additional forms that need to be included with payments.
3. A will be held at 10 a.m. at the chapel at Veterans Inc., 59 South St.
4. An will be held at the from 2 to 8 p.m., 98 Maple Ave. Walk-ins are welcome and no appointment is necessary.
5. On this day in 1947, Author James Patterson was born. Check out his latest novel Private Games, which is available through the .
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Shrewsbury news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the daily newsletter with our top stories, click here.