Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. If you are helping care for a parent, then stop by the at 6:30 p.m., at the Shrewsbury Public Library, 609 Main St.
2. It's National Soup Month, so stop by or for your favorite soup. I can't get enough of New England Clam Chowder or my favorite the vegetarian creamy tomato. What's your favorite soup?
3. Tickets are still available for the . It's a great night out and supports a great cause.
4. to the , 98 Maple Ave. during January and February to help raise money for non-profit organizations.
5. has scheduled for kids grades 1 through 8. Classes start in February.