Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The town is auctioning off a property at 47 Purinton St., which the town acquired in a tax foreclosure. There is $22,951.74 in back taxes owed and the auction will take place on Wednesday, Feb. 22 at 10 a.m.
2. The town has added one more precinct in town making 10 precincts, with polling location changes for precinct 9. Check the town clerk's website for further information about voting in the upcoming presidential primary and town election.
3. On this day in 1905, the world's largest diamond was found in South Africa. It weighed 1.33 pounds and was 3,106 carats, according to history.com. To find a smaller, more affordable diamond, stop by local jewelers like and .
4. Before you leave, check the traffic and cheapest gas prices in town.
5. Gov. Deval Patrick has proclaimed today No Name Calling Day and local schools like Beal, Coolidge and Floral Street schools will honor the day by reminding students to be kind to others in their words and actions. Schools will also be reviewing what they emphasize every day like kindness, empathy and responsibility. “In my role as Governor and as a father of two daughters, I firmly believe that every child should come to school knowing that they are safe and free from bullying,” said Patrick in a press release. “No Name Calling Day will remind us of the type of vigilance we should exhibit every day to ensure our students are free from the dangers and distractions of bullying.”