Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. There used to be a place in my hometown in Connecticut that made sandwiches with about 3 inches of cold cuts in it. It was so good. This week, we are going to name the . Tell us in the comments of the article which is your favorite and why. And don't forget to vote. You can share the link on Facebook and Twitter and help get the word out.
2. If you are caring for an elderly loved one and are having a hard time balancing your own needs with theirs, stop by the at the at 6:30 p.m., 609 Main St.
3. posted a video on their Facebook page of their USASA Boarder/Skiercross at Ski Ward - Feb. 26, 2012. It's one of their last events of the winter season.
4. Registration has opened for the Summer Enrichment Program online. Half-day and full-day programs start on June 25 and end the last week of July. Information is available on the school department's website. The Middle School Enrichment programs are also available online as well. Registration is also underway for that program.
5. There are openings for town meeting members in town. Stop by the to pick up nomination papers to be added to the May election ballot. Papers are due March 13.