Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. posted their special holy week programming from John McDonald at St. Mary's. See "The Shadow of the Cross" on SPAC TV 28 on Thursday 1 p.m., Friday 11 a.m., 1 p.m., Saturday, noon, Sunday 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
2. Roses are red and violets are blue. What's your favorite poem? This month is National Poetry month, so stop by the and pick up your favorites from Robert Frost or Maya Angelou. Their works are available through the library.
3. posts daily Bible verses on their Facebook wall. Here's a recent one: "You're no longer wandering exiles. This kingdom of faith is now your home country. You're no longer strangers or outsiders. You belong here, with as much right to the name Christian as anyone. -- Ephesians 2: 19-20."
4. On this day in 1994, Kurt Cobain, lead singer of Nirvana, committed suicide. He is best known for leading the grunge movement in Seattle and becoming nationally and internationally known for songs like Smells Like Teen Spirit and Come as You Are. .
5. . Our readers are also talking about group ticket buying for the mega millions. Would you do a group purchase if it meant splitting the pot? If you have something to say, blog on Shrewsbury Patch. We'd love to hear your voice on Patch. Email Jennifer.Lucarelli@patch.com for more information.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Shrewsbury news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the daily newsletter with our top stories, click here.