Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. . Our Facebook fans say they seemed really scary looking and wanted to boo them when driving by. Others on the site commented that putting a Hitler mustache on the president is disrespectful and unfair to compare our freedoms in America to Nazi Germany. Tell us what you think in the comments of the article.
2. The School Committee is meeting tonight at 7 to discuss and vote on the upcoming year's school budget, to vote on the extended care tuition for the schools and a improvement plan. They meet at the .
3. Once all the rage, eight track tapes were a staple in every home and even cars in the 1960s and 1970s. I had a toy robot that played eight tracks and I have fond memories of listening to Alvin and the Chipmunks while the lights flashed on the robot's eyes. Who would have thought 40 years later, iPods would replace eight tracks, CDs and tapes and could fit in the palm of your hand. Today is Eight Track Tape Day, so take a moment and share some fond memories of listening to your favorite tunes through eight track tapes.
4. On this day in 1970, Apollo 13 was launched to the moon. The crew narrowly escaped disaster and never landed on the moon, but their story lives in infamy since Tom Hanks starred in Apollo 13, the movie. To pick up a copy, stop by the .
5. ? We've combined the poll with Northborough and Grafton, so let us know in the article. And share it on Facebook and Twitter, so more people can vote.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Shrewsbury news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the daily newsletter with our top stories, click here.