Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. today in the selectmen's hearing room at the . To view the agenda, click here.
2. The will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. today at . Cost is $15 for All-Access Fitness Academy members and $20 for non-members. Registration is required. To register, call Athena at 508-845-3974.
3. Two regularly-held programs will take place at the tonight: English Conversation Circle, where non-native English speakers gather to practice speaking English, will be held from 5 to 6 p.m. and Beginner Spanish Class for adults will be held from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Registration is required for both programs. Call 508-842-0081 x3.
4. On this day in history in 1909, the first Lincoln penny was issued.
5. Voting continues through Aug. 17 for the Readers' Choice categories we've selected for Shrewsbury. Cast your vote and help us decide who's best. Today, we're highlighting "best preschool."
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Shrewsbury news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the daily newsletter with our top stories, click here.