Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. It's time to vote again in our Readers' Choice Best Of polls. And this week, we're honoring our mothers. Where is the best place to take mom for brunch in Shrewsbury? Vote in our poll and let us know where you'd take your mom in Shrewsbury. And share our poll on Facebook and Twitter, so others can vote.
2. The official ballot for the Tuesday's election has been posted on the town website and there is only one contested race for selectmen between Selectman James Kane and former Selectman Benjamin Tartaglia, who was unseated last year by Selectmen Henry Fitzgerald. Polls will open on Tuesday, May 1 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. The new precincts are in play for the election, so check out the attached PDF of the newly added 10th precinct. Call the town clerk for questions about the annual town election at 508-841-8507.
3. Get moving at the for just $8. The class takes place at 6:30 p.m. at the , 440 Main St.
4. One of our bloggers has found one solution to dealing with family time—it doesn't always have to be everyone doing everything together. I enjoy spending time with my boys individually and it's sometimes some of the best times. My 4-year-old loves painting and pirates, so we stopped by Michael's to pick up some paint to paint a wooden ship and it was so much fun watching him pointing to all the other projects he wanted to do. Now, if I had brought my 8-year-old, he would have complained the whole time. I guess birds don't always have to flock together to have fun. If you'd like to blog on Shrewsbury Patch, sign up here. We'd love to hear your voice on Patch.
5. Gather up those lawn and yard clippings this week and next because there is only one more week (May 14-18) that bags can be left on the curb for the spring. For more information, click here.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Shrewsbury news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the daily newsletter with our top stories, click here.