State Representative Matt Beaton is hosting his second annual charity golf tournament, he announced in a press release.
According to Beaton, “I am extremely excited to build on the success of last year's tournament and continue to support three great charities in Shrewsbury and Westborough. Thanks to our tremendous sponsors and the dedication of our golf host and planning committees this year's tournament is shaping up to be another great day of golf that will allow us to assist a number of people in our community.”
The press release also lists the charities benefiting from the tournament:
· St. Anne’s Human Services assists the poor and needy in the local community with food and clothing,
· Shrewsbury Youth and Family Services is a private, non-profit community counseling and social services agency,
· Westborough Food Pantry serves families in need a good array of nutritious food to supplement their own resources.
The Beaton Charity Classic will be held Monday, August 19, and will once again take place at Mount Pleasant Country Club, a private, 18-hole championship golf course located in Boylston.
· 9 a.m.– Registration and Continental Breakfast,
· 10:30 a.m. - Bramble style start,
· 11:30 a.m. - BBQ luncheon served on the golf course
· 3:30 a.m. - 19th Hole Reception and Shrewsbury Board of Selectman Jim Kane will reprise his role as emcee.
The 19th Hole Reception will feature silent and live auctions as well as delicious food and a cash bar. Tickets are $60 per person and auction items include these exciting items:
· Cruising with the Hales – Make it a double dinner date with Mike and Vanessa Hale in their classic 1963 Ford Falcon and Cruise the Town,
· 4 premium Pavilion Club Red Sox/Yankee tickets for the Friday, September 13 game generously provided by METSO,
· Wachusett Mountain Ski Resort Bronze Pass for the 2013-2014 Season,
· Assorted Golf Equipment and Accoutrement,
· Mount Pleasant Country Club, Worcester Country Club and Tatnuck Country Club Golf Opportunities.
For golfer registration, please contact Matt Beaton or Tournament Director Hannah Kane at 508-925-4880.