The Shrewsbury Garden Club is hoping to make it the "biggest contest yet." This year marks the ninth annual Scarecrows on the Common display to complement the Spirit of Shrewsbury festivities.
From Sept. 27 through Oct. 18, individuals, groups, businesses and clubs are encouraged to display their scarecrows on the common.
1. Create your scarecrow(s) at home.
2. Bring them to the Town Common Monday, Sept. 23 throughThursday Sept. 26
3. Choose a spot to display your scarecrow.
4. You are responsible for installation. No poles will be provided.
5. Name of club, group, business or individual(s) must appear on the scarecrow.
6. Your entry will remain outdoors for an extended period of time, no perishable goods
such as pumpkins, gourds, squash, apples, tomatoes, etc. will be permitted.
No electricity is provided but solar, battery or wind power is allowed.
7. Scarecrows MAY NOT be attached to the bandstand, memorial or lamp posts.
8. Scarecrows must remain on the Common through October 18th and then
removed. Any scarecrows remaining after October 20th will be discarded at
After installation, call the number below or e-mail Hymedomaid@yahoo.com to register your contact information – name, phone number, email.
For more information call 508-845-2630 or visit the Spirit of Shrewsbury website.