Earlier this year, I showed how to make an instant salad dressing with only 5 ingredients, none of which required any cutting or special preparation. Those ingredients included garlic powder, ground black pepper, mustard, vinegar and oil. That dressing, which you can get by clicking this instant salad dressing recipe with pictures link, is extremely low in sugar and salt but is kind of high in fat because it’s made with oil, though all those fats are healthy fats if you use olive, canola or vegetable oil.
But, what if you want a dressing that’s lighter in calories but still fully flavorful? Easy. All you have to do is replace oil with nonfat plain yogurt. And the yogurt I love to use is nonfat plain Greek yogurt because of its high protein content, thick texture and fresh flavor.
To make 16 ounces of this instant nonfat yogurt dressing, which takes only 5 minutes to put together, all you need is:
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1/2 - 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard (I like using Dijon mustard, but any mustard will work)
- 8 Ounces Vinegar (I like balsamic vinegar, but any vinegar will work)
- 8 Ounces Nonfat Plain Yogurt
- 16-Ounce Jar with a Snug Fitting Lid (I usually use an empty mustard jar, but any jar that’s 16 or so ounces in size will work fine.)
Now all you have to do is combine all those ingredients in a jar, close the lid snuggly, and give the jar a good, firm shake. For complete easy to follow, step-by-step picture book directions, just click this instant nonfat yogurt salad dressing recipe with pictures link.