UPDATED: Shrewsbury Blizzard Info Center
Stay up to date with the latest on this weekend's winter storm.
SHREWSBURY PATCH STORM CENTRAL UPDATES, CLOSINGS & MORE:
Saturday, Feb. 9
8 a.m. According to text alerts from SELCO, and reaching out to readers, it looks like Shrewsbury made it through the bulk of the blizzard powerful...meaning "with power."
8:30 a.m.: Be sure to upload your best snow shots here.
9 a.m.: Keep in mind, the governor's ban is still in effect
11:30 a.m.: Some snow totals from NWS: Framingham, 30.5; Natick, 24;
Northborough, 29.5; Milford, 28; Shrewsbury, 27
3 p.m.: Post by Jimmy's Tavern and Grill: "What a blizzard! We unfortunately will be closed Saturday, Feb. 9 but will be up and running at noon on Sunday, Feb. 10. Beer and steaks for all!"
Friday, Feb. 8
8:30 a.m.: With everyone scrambling to get the things they need, the town's buzzing with frantic drivers and shoppers. Be safe. You've still got time to get home. But, apparently we are now getting closer to 3 feet. So the idea about the new snowblower? Yeah, maybe.
2 p.m. Claytime announced it is closing for the day
3 p.m. The Governor declares a State of Emergency. Everyone home by 4 p.m.!
Thursday, Feb. 7
8:30 a.m. Patch awaits announcements of cancellations and/or delays.
10 a.m.: Keep your pets safe in the storm. Here is a pet safety guide to consult that is provided by the ASPCA.
11:30 a.m.: The Finance Committee meeting for Friday has been canceled.
11:35 a.m.: Cancellations from Shrewsbury High School: Tri-composer night for Thursday evening is rescheduled to Feb. 12. Friday's Get Fit Adventure is postponed to Feb. 16.
12:16 p.m.: Trash and recycling will continue as normal on Friday. Be sure to place your bins at the curb by 7 a.m.
3:45 p.m.: Shrewsbury Public Schools are closed on Friday.
5:06 p.m.: Bowling is out. AMF has shut its doors.
6 p.m. Shrewsbury Parks & Recreation Saturday basketball games have been canceled for Feb. 9. The make up games will be Feb. 16.
Scroll down for important phone numbers, websites and more. Stay with Shrewsbury Patch as we keep you updated throughout the storm.
|For instant updates on weather and storm news (and more!), follow Shrewsbury Patch on Facebook and Twitter, or sign-up for our e-mail newsletter.|
See a tree down in your neighborhood? Notice a road is icy? Just saw a store clerk put out more snow melt products? Please use this story on Shrewsbury Patch to help out your neighbors.
As we prepare for the winter storm, we want to make sure that Shrewsbury stays connected. For live updates during the storm, be sure to download our App for your smartphone or tablet and 'like' Shrewsbury Patch on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Shrewsbury Patch is all about connecting neighbors and helping neighbors so we hope you’ll find this information hub helpful during the storm. Stay safe, Shrewsbury!
IMPORTANT NUMBERS & WEBSITES:
- In an emergency, dial 911
- Police Department:508-845-4681
- Fire Department:508-841-8522
- DPW: 508-841-8513
- SELCO: 508-841-8500; To get the latest outage updates from SELCO via text message you can text “Follow SELCOnews” to 40404. This subscribes you to our Twitter feed via text message. You can also get the updates by following SELCO via Twitter @SELCOnews or visiting www.twitter.com/selconews without having to subscribe. Important: SELCO only accept reports of outages via telephone (508-841-8500). "During a storm we do not have time to monitor social media for reports of outages," said SELCO Marketing Manager Jackie Pratt. "We use Twitter to broadcast our outage info, but for the most part, we can’t really enter into two-way discussion on Twitter or Facebook. That’s why it’s super important for outages to be reported to our office via telephone."
- Comcast: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
- Verizon: 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
- RCN: 1-866-TECH-RCN (1-866-832-4726)
List of cab companies:
- Shrewsbury Taxi: 508-845-3333
List of tow companies:
- Lovey's Garage: 508-756-5753
Let us know how you're doing out there. Please post comments below, and by all means, load your photos and videos of the blizzard (and all the action that surrounds it).