5 Things You Need to Know Today: May 4
It's time to think about unveiling that grill for the summer.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. One local Realtor sold a house in two days. The real estate market must be heating up or maybe the house was priced perfectly. What do you think about it? Have you tried to sell a house lately? What are your tips? If you're a Realtor, we'd love to have you blog for us. Sign up here.
2. It's National Barbecue Month, so you know what that means—it's time to take off your barbecue cover (while checking for mice) and get those fun barbecue aprons out and get ready to grill. It's only a couple of weeks until Memorial Day. Home Depot has grills as well as accessories. Where do you shop for your favorite grilling tools?
3. The Annual Spring Thrift Sale Trinity Episcopal Church is taking place Saturday at 8 a.m. at 440 Main St.
4. There's nothing like a glass of wine to relax you for an exercise glass, but how about doing both this weekend? On Sunday, try out a Vinyasa Yoga and Wine class Zoll Cellars at noon. The cost is $30. To add your own Shrewsbury events, click here.
5. It may seem like summer is so far away with all this rainy weather, but it's the perfect time to get your camp plans ready for the summer. Check out our local guide on area camps and add comments about your favorites. Also, if you have classes, add them to the story in the comment section.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Shrewsbury news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the daily newsletter with our top stories, click here.