5 Things You Need to Know Today: March 19
It's going to be beautiful outside today. Take a walk and enjoy the weather.
‹ Back to Article
Jessica Becque, Jon Moore, Thomas Segrin and Katie Mackenzie, all from Shrewsbury, take their dogs, Tyson and Mack for a walk near Dean Park. (File photo)
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The beautiful weather from the weekend is going to continue until Wednesday. High temperatures are expected to reach 71 degrees today and up to 77 degrees Tuesday and Wednesday. Make sure to get out there and enjoy the beautiful sunshine.
2. Get moving today at Zumba With Myriam @ Rhythmoz! at Trinity Episcopal Church at 6:30 p.m., 440 Main St.
3. Learn more about the open space needs of the town at the Open Space Forum, at 6:30 p.m. at the town hall.
4. With just four days left until the premiere, the Shrewsbury Public Library's teen group is holding a trivia competition to test your knowledge of all things Hunger Games. Come to the library at 6:30 p.m. to see if your team can win.
5. It's Poultry Day, so let's celebrate all those chickens, turkeys and other birds we eat on a regular basis. Most poultry is healthier for you than other meats, so share your favorite chicken or turkey recipe in the comments. I'm always looking for different ways to make chicken, though I'm famous for feeding my kids dinosaur-shaped nuggets, which my oldest son swears tastes better than regular-shaped nuggets.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Shrewsbury news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the daily newsletter with our top stories, click here.
and Five Things