5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 1
Shrewsbury High School students graduate—add your photos to our gallery.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Last night, Shrewsbury High School seniors crossed a huge milestone—graduation. Check out our gallery and add your own photos to the gallery.
2. In light of the recent criminal charges against MassDojo owner Eric Rossini, a local psychiatrist offers some suggestions on how to talk to your kids about the subject. It can be difficult to bring up the subject and depending on the child's age, you may have to tailor what you say, but most importantly, make sure they know to ask you questions and concerns. Keeping the lines of communication open can help children understand and cope with a difficult situation.
3. While the criminal allegations are pending against Eric Rossini, MassDojo is being run by committee, according to his mother. Parents and instructors are working together to make sure classes are being held while Rossini is unable to be in the dojo while children under the age of 18 are present, according to a court order.
4. How would you finish this sentence? "You know you're in Shrewsbury when..." We asked our faithful Facebook fans and we want to hear from you. What makes Shrewsbury stand out? What makes it special? Our fans mentioned Spag's, of course, and the recent debate over scavengers. Click the link above and add your ideas.
5. Today is going to be another beautiful day. It will be sunny and 73 degrees. Rain is expected on Saturday and it'll be 66 degrees, so you may have to hold off on gardening and yard work.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Shrewsbury news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the daily newsletter with our top stories, click here.