Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Today is National Pharmacist Day, so take some time today to thank your favorite pharmacist at Rite Aid, Walgreens or CVS. It's also time to get a flu shot and these pharmacies offer the shot daily.
2. Get out from the cold and enjoy kids singing at the Grade 4 Winter Chorus Concert at Spring Street School at 7 p.m., 123 Spring St.
3. Like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter. Don't miss any Shrewsbury news. You can even share a link on Facebook with your friends. It just takes one click.
4. Help your child learn to love books and come to the Children's Room Story Time, 10:30 a.m. at the Shrewsbury Public Library, 609 Main St.
5. Don't leave home without checking the traffic report and weather on our homepage. You can even find out where the cheapest gas is in town.