5 Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 15
Acknowledge the accomplishment of a local winery, and wear a raincoat.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. An electronic and appliance event will be held on Saturday at St. Nicholas Orthodox Church. Sponsored by the Board of Health, the event will allow residents and non-residents alike to get rid of electronics and appliances for a small fee. For more information, see the event listing here.
2. Zoll Cellars, which makes wines here in town, has won three medals for their wine that will be at this year's upcoming Big E agricultural expo. They received a silver for their Fresh Air Chardonnay, and bronze medals for their Cabernet Franc and Local Blend. Want to know more about Zoll Cellars? See this article.
3. Learn about Dispatches, an ongoing series that will be featured in Shrewsbury Patch, neighboring Patches, and the Huffington Post. More information can be found here.
4. Today, according to Holidayinsights.com, is Relaxation Day. What a cruel joke. Relaxation Day on a Monday? Unless your regular workday ends on a Sunday, I don't think so.
5. Today will be rainy, and colder than we're used to this summer, with highs in the upper 60s, according to the National Weather Service.