5 Things You Need to Know Today: April 6
Learn about winemaking at a local winery tonight.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. If you live close enough, take advantage of the nice weather and hoof it to work today because it's National Walk to Work Day. I'm lucky to work from home, so it's just a flight of stairs to my office. The weather is supposed to reach the mid 50s today, so get out there and walk. It's good for the heart.
2. Zoll Cellars is offering a class for budding winemakers called So You Want to be a Winemaker? at 6 p.m., 110 Old Mill Rd. Learn about the science behind making wine from the only winemakers in Shrewsbury. The cost is $30.
3. Shrewsbury for Responsible Taxation will be speaking with seniors this morning at 9 a.m. at the senior center, 98 Maple Ave. Learn more about the group that encourages frugal spending of the town's tax dollars.
4. James Collins gave Dean Park Pizza four out of five stars in our Directory section and reviewed the business. He said, "Dean Park Pizza is a great venue for those park-goers that have a craving for unique cuisine (not just pizza) after a casual workout in the park. When I do visit, I enjoy relaxing up front with a slice of sausage pizza. It is a great social destination and hot spot in the summer." Let us know what you think of Shrewsbury's local businesses and review them in our Directory section.
5. There's still time to make your reservations for Easter. Check out the five local restaurants that we picked for brunch. Want us to add one? Email Jennifer.Lucarelli@patch.com.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Shrewsbury news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the daily newsletter with our top stories, click here.