5 Things: Postal Workers to Strike
Some postal workers are planning a strike for June 25, which is expected to delay mail delivery.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. A group of postal workers will be going on a hunger strike to oppose the proposed job and facility cuts. Take our poll—do you think it will work? Add your thoughts to the comments.
2. There's always something a bit quirky in our daily police logs. From around the area, a thief stole aloe-infused socks from Whole Foods and a car drove through a 7-Eleven in Shrewsbury.
3. A Shrewsbury Patch reader submitted a photo of a bus accident on Route 9. I love it when a reader submits a photo. It doesn't have to be an accident photo—it could be of an event, a fun day at a park or your favorite spot in town. Upload photos here.
4. Police issued a warning after two men posed as town employees and robbed a couple on Route 140. The police said that town employees will produce identification if asked. If you see anything suspicious, call the police at 508-841-8346.
5. The Musical/Dancing Fountains at Dean Park, Shrewsbury have been turned on for the season. Music has been orchestrated to go along with the dancing fountains and there is even a light show at night. Click the link above for the times.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Shrewsbury news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the daily newsletter with our top stories, click here.