5 Area New Year's Eve Events
Whether you're looking for dinner plans, music or comedy, you have options this New Year's Eve.
- Bauhinia Restaurant at 271 Grafton St., Shrewsbury, has a special New Year's Eve menu and a Grand Buffet from 4:30 to 9 p.m. for $16.95.
- Celtic Tavern, 45 Belmont St. in Northborough, is taking reservations for its New Year's Eve Party _ a "four-course, sit-down dinner, comedy show featuring James Dorsey, champagne toast and the music of Jay Graham." Tickets are being presold. There are two separate dinner seatings (from 5 to 7 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m.) Tickets are $50 per person or $80 per couple. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Riverview Hudson Portuguese Club at 13 Port St. in Hudson will have an event from 6:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. featuring live entertainment by "Passion," appetizers, soup, a surf and turf dinner, dessert, a traditional midnight tasting and a midnight champagne toast. Tickets, which are $50 for adults and $25 for children age 12 and under) must be purchased by Dec. 29 and will not be sold at the door. To purchase tickets, click here.
- Firefly's at 350 E Main St. in Marlborough is having an evening of comedy and music. Standup comedy featuring Dave Rattigan with Dave Kaminsky starts at 8 p.m., followed by music by The Fools. Admission is $25. For reservations, call 508-357-8883.
- First Night Worcester will feature a number of events throughout the city, starting earlier in the day and continuing throughout the evening and night. To see the schedule, click here. Buttons cost $10 through Dec. 24, then $12 through Dec. 30, and $15 at the door. First Night is free for children age 7 and under.